Who is responsible for your Personal Data
We respect your privacy and are committed to the protection of your personal data. Personal data (referred to as ‘‘Data’’ or “Personal Data”) is information that identifies and relates to you or other individuals.
What we collect and how we obtain it
We collect and process your Personal Data directly from you, when you sign up or when you make a booking or when you contact us for example telephone communications, emails, letters or our online chat. Apart from that, we collect and process your Personal Data from third parties, when someone makes a booking on your behalf or when you make a booking through one of our service providers such as a tour operator.
The categories of Personal Data we collect include general identification and contact information such as name, address, telephone number, email, identity card number, passport number, birth date, sex, sexual orientation, credit card and payment information.
Due to the nature of our services we also collect certain categories of sensitive Personal Data. For example, when we receive information on our wedding, your sexual preferences are also disclosed to us.
Even if you do not make a booking when you visit our website we may collect certain information such as your IP address, the Web browser you are using and information regarding your device’s operating system, application version, language settings and latitude and longitude details. We may also collect information about your online activity such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or booking facilitated or made.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Personal Data of other individuals
How we and why do we use your Personal Data
- Account facilities: You may create a user account in our website.
- Performance of a service: We may use your Personal Data to complete and administer your booking and forward your booking details to our service providers.
- Providing customer support / communicating with you: We may use your Personal Data to communicate with you for administrative or operational reasons, for example to provide customer support, to respond or handle any queries or requests, sending you a questionnaire or asking you to provide a review regarding your experience with us or send you any other material regarding your booking or information we believe may be useful to you.
- Marketing activities: We may send marketing related information in case you have indicated that you would like to receive such information, for example to notify you of our offers, new products and services. If you want to stop receiving marketing communications you can do so by clicking unsubscribe at the link included in each newsletter.
- Market research: We may sometimes ask you to take part in marker research, for example to seek your views on our products and services
- Improving our products and services: We may use your Personal Data to improve your user experience while using our website and online platforms, to improve the content of our communications, and to improve our products and services.
- For fraud prevention and detection or any illegal or unwanted activities: for example, credit card fraud.
Legal Justifications for processing your Personal Data
In order to lawfully process the Data described above we rely on one or more of the following justifications:
Performance of a contract: The use of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract, namely to complete your booking. If we do not process your Personal Data, then we will not be able to provide our services such as completing your booking or providing customer support.
Legitimate business purposes: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to send you emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services, to improve the content of our website and to prevent fraud.
Your Consent: In cases where you have provided your consent to the collection and processing of Personal Data we will use the legal basis of consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at: [email protected].
Our legal obligations: To comply with our legal obligations such as to handle and resolve legal disputes and comply with lawful requests from law enforcement agencies.
How we protect your Personal Data
We take appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect your Personal Data consistent with applicable data protection laws and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access and disclosure, loss, use, or alteration. When we use a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data.
Sharing your Personal Data with third parties
We may share your Personal Data with any of the following third parties:
- Our service providers, affiliates, contractors, business partners, agents such as tour operators, hotels, venues and individuals that perform weddings / marriages / civil partnerships, cloud storage companies, IT support providers, software providers, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this website, and any other third-party vendors assisting us;
- Public authorities such as Municipalities;
- Professional advisors and auditors such as external legal advisors and accountants;
- Courts, tribunals, arbitrators, or other judicial committees
How long do we keep your Personal Data
We keep your Personal Data for as long as it is required for the fulfillment of the purposes of processing. For example, we will keep your Personal Data for as long as your booking is pending completion. We determine the appropriate retention period by considering the volume, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the protentional risk of harm from unauthorised use, loss or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes of processing and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
What are your rights
In certain cases you may have the right to:
- request a copy of your Personal Data held by us;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your Personal Data, or restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time, where processing is based on having your consent;
- request to obtain and reuse your Personal Data in a format that is structured and commonly used. You may also request by us to transmit such data to other organisations;
- complain to the Office of the Commissioner for Data Protection in cases where you believe that your data protection rights are being violated.
If you would like to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please inform as at [email protected]
Transfer of your Personal Data to a Third Country or to an International Organisation
We may transfer your Personal Data to countries not providing an adequate level of protection to Personal Data. Where appropriate, we will take steps to ensure that Personal Data transferred is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as entering into Data transfer agreements. In cases where we use Data transfer agreements or similar safeguards, we may be able to supply you with a copy or a specimen of such, if you contact us at [email protected]
Links to other websites
- how these websites treat your Personal Data
- the content of such websites
- the use that others make of these websites.
Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website you access before entering any Personal Data
Use of our Website by children
This Website is not intended or designed to attract or offer products or services to children. Should an individual under the age of 17 send us any Personal Data, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.