Make Your Cyprus Dream Wedding Come True!
We love Cyprus! And why wouldn’t we? From the lovely white sand to the turquoise seas, Cyprus is a dream destination. Have you often considered the idea of exchanging your wedding vows overseas, overlooking the sea or even better with toes in the sand? Why not visit Cyprus, the island of love? It is not a coincidence that Aphrodite, goddess of love, chose Cyprus to be her birthplace.
Nowadays, that couples are attracted to the warm and sunny days, golden-brown beaches, picturesque villages with magnificent landscapes, vibrant nightlife and delicious traditional cuisine, this magical island is the perfect choice for a dream wedding abroad.
Cyprus is also the choice of a majority of UK couples when it comes to destination weddings, and the fact that English is widely spoken and paperwork required is simple makes Cyprus a popular and preferred option for a couple’s wedding celebrations.
Our Cyprus Wedding Venues
Weddings in Cyprus are definitely unique and can take place all over the island, with Paphos, Ayia Napa, Protaras and Limassol being the most popular destinations. Whether you prefer a lovely resort, a local town hall or a cultural venue to make your sacred vows, you’ll find an abundance of these kind of locations for your wedding in Cyprus. Depending on your preferences, Cyprus offers a plethora of options for your dream wedding abroad and you can decide on the perfect venue by browsing through BookYourWeddingDay.com for a directory of the most popular wedding venues. With BookYourWeddingDay.com you can check Real-Time Availability and book your preferred venue and date online INSTANTLY!
Let’s Talk About the Necessary Paperwork!
The key to a special wedding in Cyprus is to make sure you have all the documentation you need with you. If you don’t quite know what those are, here’s our handy checklist for your peace of mind:
- Valid Passports (Must have within 3 months from the wedding date)
- Full Birth Certificates
- Marital Status Certificate (Also known as Sworn Affidavit or Single Status Statutory Declaration)
- Decree Absolute (if applicable)
- Death certificate of the deceased spouse & previous marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Deed Poll (if applicable)
- Adoption certificate (if applicable)
- Evidence of parental consent (if applicable)
- You must bring the original documents with you upon arrival to the country. Keep in mind that the registrar might need to keep all or some of the documents at the local Town Hall.
- The Marital Status Certificate is a Freedom to Marry certificate which can be produced by a UK-based solicitor, on their letter headed paper. Your documents must be signed and stamped by the solicitor no more than 3 months prior the wedding date.*Note that an Apostille Stamp is required by all Town Halls.
- The following documents, if applicable, must be signed and require an Apostille Stamp by a solicitor: Decree Absolute, Death certificate of the deceased spouse & previous marriage certificate, Deed Poll, Adoption certificate, Evidence of parental consent (if under 18 years old).
- All types of wedding ceremonies require the presence of two witnesses who should have copies of their passports with them. *Witnesses can be provided by the Town Hall if required.
- Couples from non-EU countries need to get an Apostille Stamp on each of their wedding certificates after the ceremony in order for the certificate to be valid in their country. This procedure is mainly done by the Town Hall at an extra charge (costs ranging from 35-50 Euros, depending on the number of certificates and if these may need to be sent to the couple by post if they do not stay for many days).
Minimum residency period: at least 1 working day (excluding weekends) prior to the wedding day. (*couples need to visit the Town Hall in order to sign their marriage application).
*Only when you book your wedding date through BookYourWeddingDay.com, you can login to your booking 3 months prior to your wedding day to upload your legal documents and the town hall and registrars will review and then approve them online for you.
The Documentation Process
Photo by: Daniel Kelly Wedding Photography
The Cyprus Marriage Documentation Package for only €290
Getting married and having your paperwork ready for your wedding in Cyprus can be very easy post Brexit. With this paperwork package that we’re offering, we’ve made things even easier and more stress-free for our couples who’ve been dreaming of a wedding abroad and have chosen Cyprus as their destination. When you choose our Cyprus Marriage Documentation Package, you get the following benefits:
- Online booking and Instant Confirmation of your wedding date and ceremony time at your preferred venue through the innovative platform BookYourWeddingDay.com
*This is the site which synchronizes the calendars of the venues with their respective town halls and therefore it offers Real-Time Availability and delivers Instant Confirmation of wedding dates and ceremony times at the featured venues.
- Arrangement of the legal documentation required (including approval of the relevant documents by the town hall) prior to your arrival
- Apostille Stamp service for wedding certificates after the ceremony
- 24/7 customer support service for further assistance
*Legal fees: For weddings taking place at the town hall, registrar fees of €282 to be paid directly to town halls.
*Registration appointment: The couple must visit the town hall 1-3 days prior the wedding date to submit the original documents, pay the town hall fees and sign the marriage license.
Let’s Get in Touch and Book Your Wedding Date Today!
Are you interested in our Cyprus Marriage Documentation Package and still need to find the perfect venue for your ceremony? We’d love to help you find a venue where you can host the wedding celebration of your dreams.
Contact our 24/7 online chat support service which is located on the bottom right of BookYourWeddingDay.com and our team of professionals would be more than happy to assist you and give you more information on this special package. We are here to help make your wedding dreams come true!
Picture you and your partner saying your vows with surrounded by your loved ones, luxury and ...
Abroad weddings can be very magical. Picture yourself on a sun-kissed beach with the ...
Santorini is often said to be the most popular Greek island, and once you’ve visited this ...
In most places around the world, the winter months can bring gloomy weather and short, dark ...