Bourtzi Open Theatre Skiathos
Book your Wedding Date
Location:Skiathos Find us on the map
Bourtzi is called the small planted peninsula that separates in two parts the port of Skiathos island. There they are the ruins of an old Venetian fortress and the neoclassic buildings of the old school, which houses the Cultural Centre of Skiathos. That small peninsula, in the past, was a fortress that was built by Gyzi brothers when they occupied the island in 1207. It was wall rounded with bastions and turrets, but it was destroyed in 1660, when Francis Morozini, the Venetian admiral, occupied the island.
Today, Bourtzi is a beautiful landscape with spectacular sea view and has a small cafe bar.
· In order to proceed with a wedding at this venue, you will have to pay the Municipality Fee which is €90.00 payable locally. This fee includes the registrar, wedding certificate and the validation of your legal documents which will be needed to proceed with the civil ceremony.
· Civil Weddings at this venue, can take place from Monday – Friday until 14:00.
· If you wish to have your ceremony after 14:00 there is an additional fee.
· Civil Weddings can also take place on the weekend however there is an additional fee.
· As a venue we are also able to provide you with a speaker for music to be played during the ceremony (entrance of the bride), live solo musician, white chairs, decorative flowers, white wooden pergola. Please scroll down and click on more information to be able to see what we have to offer & prices.
The aforementioned venues can be used as reception venues as well.
How are venue fees settled when booking via BookYourWeddingDay.com?
- If your travel agent makes the booking, the venue fee may be included in your package.
- If you book online yourself, contact the hotel/venue as soon as you receive your booking confirmation to settle the required venue fee.